Speaker: Wanbun Ho, Gourmet Rohkost
Does eating healthily mean chewing on unappetizing food? Does raw food taste good? Where do you get your protein from? Are you getting all the essential nutrients? If you are curious about raw food eating and wonder about these questions, if you are interested in learning how to prepare delicious and healthy meals, this is a course for you!
This is an introduction to anyone who is new to the raw food cuisine and would like to learn more. You will be shown how to prepare a variety of raw vegan dishes for daily breakfasts, lunches and dinners. Basic knife skills and equipment use (blenders and food processors) shown.
The following topics will be covered:
- “Why raw food?” and related questions answered and demystified
- How to make non-dairy nut and seed milks.
- How to make creamy vegetable soup in less than 10 minutes.
- How shredding and marinating kale and other dark leafy greens makes them as tender as cooked, without loss of nutrients.
- How to transform zucchini into delicate angel-hair noodles – it’s pasta without the starch!
- The secret ingredient in raw chocolate mousse that replaces butter, cream, and eggs.
Please note: This is a demo class, not a hands-on class. Samples are provided for tasting however portion sizes are not intended to be large enough for dinner.
Curious to find out more? The two dates are currently full, let us know if you are interested in this course and subject to interest, there may be another course.
About the Speaker
Wanbun Ho is a raw food chef and creator of Gourmet Rohkost, a place where she shares her raw food recipes and tips.
She is a graduate of Living Light Culinary Arts Institute, where she received her certification as a Raw Culinary Arts Associate Chef and Instructor. Since graduation, she landed a catering deal to deliver mouthwashing, “heavenly delicious” – as quoted by fans – raw desserts at an organic shop in downtown Zurich.
Wanbun is passionate about sharing the living foods lifestyle with others. Original born in Hong Kong, she has been living in Zurich for 4 years. When she’s not playing around in the kitchen, she enjoys running and yoga.